WikiRumours is a web- and mobile-based platform for moderating misinformation and disinformation. The software is free and open source under an MIT license, which means that it can be used for open, commercial or proprietary use, without mandatory attribution. As communications technology has become more widely distributed in the developing world, the spread of inaccurate, incomplete or fabricated information is an increasingly significant threat to peace and stability, particularly in regions with limited access to reliable third-party media. WikiRumours can be used to contextualize and mitigate misinformation through community involvement, crisis moderation and transparency.
- International legal options for addressing the Rohingya genocide in Myanmar and humanitarian crisis in Bangladesh
- The Global Rohingya Diaspora – Lifelines to Bangladesh and Myanmar
- From Raw Data to Actionable Intelligence: Leveraging Hatebase for Data-Driven Decision Making
- Hagiga Wahid – Stopping harmful misinformation in Uganda and South Sudan
- Pilotfish with eggplant: understanding how Hatebase detects hate speech in (near) real-time