The Sentinel Project is looking for an experienced, multiskilled Data Visualization Expert to help us communicate high volumes of complex data from our Hatebase, WikiRumours and CTS platforms.
What you’ll need:
- Strong analytical skills to analyze existing internal and external datasets to identify trends and correlations
- Strong design skills to create charts, infographics, illustrations, wireframes, flowcharts and other graphic or strategic assets as required
What we’d also love to see:
- Programming skills (PHP and HTML5 are strong assets)
- Experience working with data acquired from open APIs (e.g. Twitter API, Google Maps API)
- Experience working with several existing visualization libraries (e.g. Google Charts, D3)
The ideal candidate is:
- Engaged in the human rights, social justice and/or international development communities
- Engaged in the technology and/or open data communities
- A skilled verbal and written communicator
- Engaged with social media and other online communication tools
- Proactive and able to take initiative without constant guidance and oversight
What’s in it for you?
- Serve an important cause by contributing to an organization approaching the problem of mass atrocities in an innovative way
- Work within a diverse team of dedicated, interesting people with a variety of roles and backgrounds
- Practice and develop management skills relating to both people and projects
- Opportunity to participate in exciting field work initiatives, conferences and training
- Develop your technical and professional skills through our unique approach of combining technology and research
Complete the form below to apply for this role.
The Sentinel Project is grateful to all applicants for their interest in our organization. Although only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted, don’t assume that because you haven’t heard from us right away, we’re not keeping you in mind for future opportunities with our team. Our needs change constantly.